Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Dave Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2002/11/21 05:54:27 UTC

adding directory to forrest

Hi
	I'm working on some documentation.  I added a new subdirectory to
src\documentation\content\xdocs\community\howto.  I added an index.xml and a
book.xml to that directory as well.  When I run Forrest, it makes a page,
but the page just says:

Revisions
Find a problem with this document? Consider contacting the author or
submitting your own revision. For instructions, read the How To Submit a
Revision.

But I have real content in the xml files.  Is there something else I need to
do in order to process fully all the files in the new subdirectory?

thanks
dave

RE: adding directory to forrest

Posted by Dave Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com>.
awesome...
thanks
dave

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:54:27PM -0800, Dave Viner wrote:
> Hi
> 	I'm working on some documentation.  I added a new subdirectory to
> src\documentation\content\xdocs\community\howto.  I added an index.xml and
> book.xml to that directory as well.  When I run Forrest, it makes a page,
> but the page just says:
>
> Revisions
> Find a problem with this document? Consider contacting the author or
> submitting your own revision. For instructions, read the How To Submit a
> Revision.
>
> But I have real content in the xml files.

Is the content in 'howto' format?  Ie, it should start with:

<!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V1.0//EN" "howto-v10.dtd">
<howto>

The Forrest sitemap has a special rule for processing docs in
community/howto/* as howtos.  The text you saw is added by
howto2document.xsl

> Is there something else I need to do in order to process fully all the
> files in the new subdirectory?

If you have the Forrest source handy, the
src/documentation/content/xdocs/community/howto/* directories show how
it's done.

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.