Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Hicham Wahbi <hi...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/27 16:17:23 UTC

[MATH] Suggesting new package commons-math.simulation

Hello,

I am interested in contributing to a "commons-math. Simulation" package
since the Monte-Carlo estimation method is listed as an item in the wish
list.
This is the first time I try to contribute to an open source project. I
actually have already written the code and just need to submit it for
discussion. Please help me jump start.

Thanks,

Hicham Wahbi

Re: [MATH] Suggesting new package commons-math.simulation

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
In addition to the points identified by Siegfried, could you open a JIRA
issue for this ? You can do this by registering into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa and then select the
 link "create a new issue in project Commons Math" that will appear in
the page https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH. Describe your
request and once the issue is created you will be able to attach files
to it. This is the proper way to provide patches.

Also if the code is more than a few lines long, which is almost
certainly the case for Monte-Carlo method, we will need a signed
Software Grant (see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants). For
discussions about these legal aspects, feel free to contact me directly
off list.

Did you write everything yourself or did you get inspiration from
existing published code ?

Thanks for contributing
Luc

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.