Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 15:28:31 UTC

Re: WSDL and XML type extension

I do not think you can do this directly, one trick is to define a any
content for the type, so you can put your additional data there.
However web services usally check the type of parameter and I do not
think it will accept a sub type.

In my opinion Web services are not an effort to implement ditributed
OOP, you can not and should not expect all oop concept applicable.
With web services you have to think in terms of services and messages,
not in terms of objects.

Thanks
Srinath