Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@myprivacypolicy.com> on 2003/07/24 22:26:16 UTC

Messaging Exception in AbstractRedirect Mailet

Hello,

I am getting the following error in JAMES

javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to create a new message name: too long. Possible loop in config.xml.

I have tracked it down ot the AbstractRedirect mailet and it produced by a method called newName when the service method tries to duplicate the incoming Mail message.

Mail newMail = ((MailImpl) originalMail).duplicate(newName((MailImpl) originalMail));

My question to the group is what causes the loop and how would a person prevent the loop in the config.xml file.

Hut

Re: Messaging Exception in AbstractRedirect Mailet

Posted by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@myprivacypolicy.com>.
Noel,

You are correct, I am trying to forward an email.  There is a loop, but I
can't pin down what is causing it.  The spool manager keeps printing out
mail ID like such.

Mail1059074318078-1
Mail1059074318078-2
Mail1059074318078-3
Mail1059074318078-4

I have already narrowed my matcher...

Hut
Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to create a new message name:
> too long. Possible loop in config.xml.

When a message is duplicated, the clone's internal message name is based
upon the original's.

> My question to the group is what causes the loop

Your configuration.