Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 01:10:20 UTC

Wish to hear your opinion on adopting public CI

Hi all!

I'd like to hear your opinion on adopting public CI.
Now Apache Storm takes advantage of Github, we can apply Travis CI to some
more advantages.
Detailed informations are on JIRA issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-704).

If you don't know Travis CI, it's better to take a look at.
https://travis-ci.org/xetorthio/jedis

Actually I'm trying to integrate it, and resolved many hurdles but got
stuck.

If you're interested in, please participate to resolve issue. :)

Important question on this, I don't know why Storm didn't have CI.
Is there some kind of decision about not having CI?
If then this issue should be resolved as invalid.

Thanks!

Regards.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: Wish to hear your opinion on adopting public CI

Posted by Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
I've created an issue with the Apache Infrastructure guys for enabling Travis CI on our git repo.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9511   -- Kyle

     On Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:23 PM, 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Yes, we should ask Apache Infra to set up Travis CI (with asfgit account),
which is not an issue cause many projects on Apache already uses Travis CI.
ex. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6161

I've just finished work about adopting Travis CI (with my fork), so we're
ready!
https://travis-ci.org/HeartSaVioR/storm/builds/56021889

Could any committers help requesting set up Travis CI to Apache Infra?

Btw, jira issue link is here,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-704 and PR is here,
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/486

Thanks in advance!

ps. Please note that Travis CI becomes too slow, and it actually runs mvn
install -DskipTests before build, so it takes some mins to assign VM and
boot, and another 10 ~ 15 mins to build for now.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Parth,