Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Markus Anwander <ma...@id.unibe.ch> on 2004/06/30 16:47:56 UTC

Does anybody know any working configuration for Apache Lenya 1.2 (released June 27.2004)

Hello developers and users,

We tried to install the new Apache Lenya 1.2 (released  June 27.2004), on Linux
SuSE 9.1 and Mac OS X 10.3.

We always took this version of bitflux:

Bitflux
-------
svn co http://svn.bitflux.ch/repos/bxe/trunk bxe
(Jun 30, 04 : Afternoon)

Then we tried those 4 versions of tomcat an cocoon mixes, but none of them worked.

Version 1)
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29.tar.gz
cocoon-2.1.4-src.tar.gz
--> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya (cocoon can't find the HTMLSerializer)

Version 2)
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.tar.gz
cocoon-2.1.4-src.tar.gz
--> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya (cocoon can't find the HTMLSerializer)

Version 3)
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29.tar.gz
cocoon-2.1.5-src.tar.gz
--> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya works
--> now in the Default publication the Bitflux-Editor wasn't working
(ConfigurationException in usecase-bxeng.xmap).

Version 4)
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.tar.gz
cocoon-2.1.5-src.tar.gz
--> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya works
--> now in the Default publication the Bitflux-Editor wasn't working
(ConfigurationException in usecase-bxeng.xmap).

Does anybody know any working configuration?

Regards
Markus

Markus Anwander
University of Berne
markus.anwander@id.unibe.ch

Re: Does anybody know any working configuration for Apache Lenya 1.2 (released June 27.2004)

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 30.6.2004 20:39 Uhr, Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> I was able to get a working combination from combination number 3 you
> have listed below on my test environment.  I, however, didn't use the
> version of Bitflux you mentioned, unless that's the same one as the
> Subversion Snapshot listed on this page:
> http://bitfluxeditor.org/download/.  You might want to try that Bitflux
> version instead and see what happens.

snapshots and svn co .../trunk/ are the same (snapshots are generated
nightly, so maybe not exactly the same, but almost)

Furthermore in the about box you'll find a lengthy version number.
Latest should be 0.9.5-dev/200406090330/r737 ( meaning: actual version
number/"build date"/SVN Revision number)

Hope that helps

chregu

> Jon
>
> On Jun 30, 2004, at 10:47 AM, Markus Anwander wrote:
>

>> Hello developers and users,
>>
>> We tried to install the new Apache Lenya 1.2 (released  June 27.2004),
>> on Linux
>> SuSE 9.1 and Mac OS X 10.3.
>>
>> We always took this version of bitflux:
>>
>> Bitflux
>> -------
>> svn co http://svn.bitflux.ch/repos/bxe/trunk bxe
>> (Jun 30, 04 : Afternoon)
>>

>> Then we tried those 4 versions of tomcat an cocoon mixes, but none of
>> them worked.
>>
>> Version 1)
>> jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29.tar.gz
>> cocoon-2.1.4-src.tar.gz
>> --> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya (cocoon can't find the HTMLSerializer)
>>
>> Version 2)
>> jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.tar.gz
>> cocoon-2.1.4-src.tar.gz
>> --> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya (cocoon can't find the HTMLSerializer)
>>
>> Version 3)
>> jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29.tar.gz
>> cocoon-2.1.5-src.tar.gz
>> --> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya works
>> --> now in the Default publication the Bitflux-Editor wasn't working
>> (ConfigurationException in usecase-bxeng.xmap).
>>
>> Version 4)
>> jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.tar.gz
>> cocoon-2.1.5-src.tar.gz
>> --> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya works
>> --> now in the Default publication the Bitflux-Editor wasn't working
>> (ConfigurationException in usecase-bxeng.xmap).
>>

>> Does anybody know any working configuration?
>>

>> Regards
>> Markus
>>
>> --
>> Markus Anwander
>> University of Berne
>> markus.anwander@id.unibe.ch

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch  |  chregu@bitflux.ch  |  gnupg-keyid 0x5CE1DECB

Re: Does anybody know any working configuration for Apache Lenya 1.2 (released June 27.2004)

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
That does not answer you questions, but ...

Why do you use Tomcat and not Jetty?
Did you try the binary version - which includes Jetty?

Andreas

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Silly question - how does one know when they download from CVS that
> they are getting the one tagged as RELEASE_1_2?  Is there something you
> need to add to these instructions to make sure you get the right
> version:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/installation/cvs.html

Well, unless you specifically indicate the tag you want, you'll
checkout the HEAD.  If you want to checkout release 1.2, you have to
do:

  cvs ...  checkout -r "RELEASE_1_2" cocoon-lenya

--
JP

Re: Does anybody know any working configuration for Apache Lenya 1.2 (released June 27.2004)

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.