Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2003/09/18 07:35:20 UTC

Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/console-web/src/webapp/images geronimo_logo_console.gif

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 04:45:26AM -0000, dain@apache.org wrote:
> dain        2003/09/17 21:45:26
>
>   Added:       modules/console-web maven.xml project.xml
>                modules/console-web/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/console/web/taglib
>                         ClearFilterTag.java MBeanAttributesTag.java
>                         MBeanServerContentsTag.java
>                         MBeanServerContextSupport.java
>                         MBeanServerContextTag.java
>                         MBeanServerContextValueTag.java
>                modules/console-web/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/console/web/util
>                         MBeanAttributesComparator.java MBeanComparator.java
>                modules/console-web/src/webapp faq.jsp index.jsp
>                         leftNavigation.jsp mbeanInfo.jsp style.css
>                         template.html template2.html
>                modules/console-web/src/webapp/WEB-INF
>                         geronimo_jmx-console_v0-1.tld web.xml
>                modules/console-web/src/webapp/images
>                         geronimo_logo_console.gif
>   Log:
>   Initial revision of web console from N. Alex Rupp

I see two issues here:

1) not a single file has an ASF copyright or license

2) these "power plant" commits of large bodies of code are *very* hard to
   review. it is much nicer from a review standpoint to have this code
   developed from scratch within the CVS repository. that provides a way
   to begin to gather input during development. as it stands, it will be
   very hard for somebody to review this whole thing and provide credible
   feedback, if any.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/console-web/src/webapp/images geronimo_logo_console.gif

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 12:35 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 04:45:26AM -0000, dain@apache.org wrote:
> I see two issues here:
>
> 1) not a single file has an ASF copyright or license

Oops, my bad.  I forgot.  I'll add it now.

> 2) these "power plant" commits of large bodies of code are *very* hard
>    review. it is much nicer from a review standpoint to have this code
>    developed from scratch within the CVS repository. that provides a
> way
>    to begin to gather input during development. as it stands, it will
> be
>    very hard for somebody to review this whole thing and provide
> credible
>    feedback, if any.

An initial import in a new area is an exception to the normal rule.
The console did not work until last week and I just got the time to
commit it.  Besides that, it is not much code to review (I did it in 30
minutes).

-dain