Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/05/08 17:16:14 UTC

Perl is undermining my java development

Hi,
I love tomcat and I want to thank everyone who has been involved
with great project. I recently started designing a project that was
going to done in tomcat and maybe jboss (been itching to do EJB
programming) but when the project deadline was moved up I found myself
slipping back into my old PERL ways. CPAN is to blame.
There a module for every part of the puzzle that I needed to solve.
dynamic PDF? OK dynamic Excel? OK , parse a fixed length record just
like any other perl DBI source? OK.
ugh.
What I would like to know is this: Is there or are there any plans to
create a "CPAN" like repository of standard code, that any developer
can use for free? It doesn't even have to be for all java programs.
A repository of server-side java stuff (servlets, jsp, taglibs,ejb)
would be great.

The main hurdle to a java "CPAN" the prorietory nature of java?
Thanks.

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer