Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Eshan Sudharaka <es...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 01:16:09 UTC

Re: Information for Google Summer of Code 2014

Hi Dan,

I went through some documentation and got some very basic understanding
about Apache ISIS. And I build that toDo app and try went through the app
code.

I am interested in developing following Project Idea.

- to build some new off-the-shelf domain services, like the current Excel
and Word mail merge ones

  - eg email
  - eg SMSing
  - eg Drools rules engine

So the idea is to build a generic service which can be used across the all
of apps developing using ISIS. can you please provide some further details
on this.

Is it similar to
http://isis.apache.org/reference/services/command-context.html ? Providing
API for get above services.

Thanks

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
all the Isis issues tagged gsoc:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-742?filter=12326806

Posted by Eshan Sudharaka <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Hi Eshan.

In the sense of showing how to use Camel from Isis to send, for example, emails asynchronously, in addition to a more "traditional" service to send emails directly from the Isis process through Java mail API, etc.

There are plenty of integration use cases where Camel could be used. Another one would be for Drools (that can be embedded or executed over a stand-alone Camel server) [1].

Posted by Eshan Sudharaka <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oscar,

Posted by GESCONSULTOR - Óscar Bou <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Hi to all.