Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barley <ba...@pacific.net> on 2003/04/01 00:14:02 UTC

customizing authentication behavior

Hi all,

I need to customize form-based authentication in Tomcat
so that I can have access to the user's session when
they are authenticated. I know I can write a custom
Realm class, but I don't see how I can get access to
the HttpServletRequest or HttpSession associated with
the request at authentication time. Does anyone have
any pointers, or have you done anything like this?

I'd also like to allow for permanent cookies to be used
instead of always making the user log in. What can I do
to implement this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Gregg