Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/10 22:50:18 UTC

[java] RequestResponseManager class in 0-9 branch

Robert and Robert,

A heads up and a question:

Could you take a quick look at
common/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/framing/RequestResponseManager.java
on the 0-9 branch... This class is intended to manage the
request/response process for both clients and servers as per 0-9 spec.
There should be one instance per channel on both client and server,
since request and response sequences are incremented on a per-channel
basis.

1. I have created a  new Interface
common/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/protocol/AMQProtocolWriter.java
which contains only one method

public void writeFrame(AMQDataBlock frame)

so that it can be common to both the client and server. Both
broker/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/protocol/AMQProtocolSession.java and client/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/client/protocol/AMQProtocolSession.java
now inherit/implement this common interface, and this allows RRM to
write request and response frames and still be common to both client and
server.

2. I need to find a way to dispatch incoming requests to the handlers in
a way that will work for both clients and servers... I have not taken a
close look at this yet, it is the last piece of the RMM that needs to be
completed... I'll start on this tomorrow, but because you know the code
so well, I would welcome your ideas/input. Any ideas?

Any/all comments welcome.

Kim