Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2003/08/27 21:59:38 UTC

RE: Fwd: Re: [patch] maxmemfree

The real fix is to initialize ap_max_mem_free to
APR_ALLOCATOR_MAX_FREE_UNLIMITED during the pre_config hook in each of
the MPMs.  Unless there are any objections, I will check this in
shortly.  I assume that this also needs to be back ported to httpd-2.0.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> "Sander Striker" <st...@apache.org> Tuesday, August 26, 2003
5:34:00 PM >>>

be checked in?

> One thing I found annoying is that MAXMEMFREE is not reset to the
default value on a server restart
> when commenting out the directive in the config file.

The default value being the equivalent of unlimited?

> Looks like the function ap_mpm_set_max_mem_free() is, by design,
called
> only if the directive is present. Brad just told me that should be
easily
> fixed by inserting a function call to sets ap_max_mem_free during the
core_post_config
> step to use either a value from the config file or the default one.
>
> What do you think?

It seems like not resetting the max mem free on the allocator on
config
reload is a bug.  So +1.

Sander