Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/04/05 20:49:08 UTC

Message API -- Work In Progress Draft

Attached is my latest work-in-progress with the Message API.  It's based
on DOM (via JAXP) and I'm sure there will be plenty that you don't like.
;-)

Notice that that Xerces 2 XML serialization code is included.  This code
(when separate from Xerces) will work with just about any Sax and DOM
implementation (in theory) so it makes sense for us to break it out of the
xerces code base and ship it with Axis -- that way we don't need to
include a built in dependency on Xerces.

Please keep in mind that this is a draft that I've been working on in very
small pockets of free time usually between about 11:00pm and 2:00am. This
does not represent a full SOAP Implementation but it's getting closer. I'm
not going to commit it to the CVS tree yet because I don't want to disrupt
the current code base until we're sure we want to go with this approach.

- James Snell
     Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies, IBM
     jasnell@us.ibm.com (online)
     jsnell@lemoorenet.com (offline)