Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cecchi Sandrone <ce...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 09:46:50 UTC

Maven release plugin + CVS

I have a problem while performing a mvn release:prepare task when the project
is downloaded from CVS, because the files are read only (so pom.xml can't be
updated with new version).

Error writing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\a.dionisi\Desktop\PLX\Source\AuditingWebService\pom.xml (Access is
denied)

I tried with useEditMode parameter for the plugin:

<plugin>
					<artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
					<version>2.0</version>
					<configuration>
						<preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
						<autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>

<useEditMode>true</useEditMode>
					</configuration>
				</plugin>

but I receive the warning: [WARNING] Provider cvs does not support edit
operation.
I tried also with scm:edit...same story.

Is there a way to edit the project before release:prepare? Thank you for
help.