Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by umardraz <un...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/07 17:21:16 UTC

Guacamole suddenly stop working

Hi

I am running gacamole server on ubuntu it was running fine but suddenly stop
working due to this error

*Fri May 07 17:19:34 UTC 2021 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without
server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL
5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established
by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing
applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to
'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false,
or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate
verification.
Fri May 07 17:19:34 UTC 2021 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without
server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL
5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established
by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing
applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to
'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false,
or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate
verification.
17:19:34.186 [https-openssl-apr-443-exec-3] ERROR
o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:
### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 2 milliseconds
ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1 milliseconds
ago.
### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
### The error may involve
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
### The error occurred while executing a query
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
Communications link failure*

Would you please somebody help me  how I can fix this?

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 10:21 AM umardraz <un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running gacamole server on ubuntu it was running fine but suddenly
> stop
> working due to this error
>
> *Fri May 07 17:19:34 UTC 2021 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without
> server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL
> 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established
> by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing
> applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to
> 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false,
> or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate
> verification.

This is a warning, not an error. Unless your MySQL is configured to reject
non-SSL connections, this will not cause anything to fail. If you wish to
use SSL to communicate with MySQL, you can configure Guacamole to do so
with the "mysql-ssl-mode" property:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html

Fri May 07 17:19:34 UTC 2021 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without
> server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL
> 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established
> by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing
> applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to
> 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false,
> or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate
> verification.
> 17:19:34.186 [https-openssl-apr-443-exec-3] ERROR
> o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:
> ### Error querying database.  Cause:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
> link
> failure
>
> The last packet successfully received from the server was 2 milliseconds
> ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1 milliseconds
> ago.
> ### The error may exist in
> org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
> ### The error may involve
> org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
> ### The error occurred while executing a query
> ### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
> Communications link failure*
>
> Would you please somebody help me  how I can fix this?

There are a variety of issues that may result in being unable to connect to
your database over the network. The most likely is that the database is
simply not reachable. Other possibilities include the database listening on
IPv4 but the relevant hostname mapping to IPv6 (or the database listening
on IPv6 but the hostname mapping to IPv4), using the wrong JDBC driver for
your database or JDK version, or the database service not actually running
at all.

See: https://serverfault.com/a/90055

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://glyp.to/>.

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by umardraz <un...@gmail.com>.
Simply remove the old mysql-connecter and installed the new one

*mysql-connector-java-5.1.49.tar.gz
*

and now it is now start working again

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by umardraz <un...@gmail.com>.
No idea what happened with it, ok would you please help I want to uninstall
completely my old version 1.0.0 and install the new one 1.3.0

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM umardraz <un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> More than 100% sure issue with Guacamole or tomcat

I strongly recommend not making this assumption given the facts at hand.
You will be unnecessarily restricting your field of view.

> BTW there were no update ran on this system since many months

Taking a big step back, I think we can both agree that things don't just
break on their own. Something *must* have changed, even if you don't
remember it changing or were not directly involved in the change.

With that in mind, the facts at hand are:

1) You have an installation of Guacamole that has been working fine up to
now.
2) Something has changed.
3) Your existing installation of Guacamole is no longer able to connect to
your MySQL instance over the network.

The most likely causes of the above are network-related. If you have
already switched your Guacamole configuration over to the other server,
restarted Tomcat, and are still seeing the same error, then I would branch
out into the other possible causes, such as the JDBC driver not being
compatible with your JDK or with your version of MySQL.

If nothing jumps out after looking into the above, your next steps will
have to be to investigate as much as you can to determine what changed. If
nothing changed, then the behavior of the system would also be unchanged,
and you would not be encountering errors.

- Mike

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by umardraz <un...@gmail.com>.
More than 100% sure issue with Guacamole or tomcat

Here is new configuration, I have just moved mysql database on another
system

*mysql-hostname: 10.0.200.131
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guac
mysql-password: mypasswd*

and here is I can easily can connect remote mysql from guacamole machine

r*oot@webrdp:/etc/guacamole# mysql -h10.0.200.131 -uguac -pmypasswd
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 711791
Server version: 5.7.33-36-log Percona Server (GPL), Release 36, Revision
7e403c5

Copyright (c) 2000, 2021, Oracle and/or its affiliates.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> use guacamole_db;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
| Tables_in_guacamole_db                |
| guacamole_connection                  |
| guacamole_connection_attribute        |
| guacamole_connection_group            |
| guacamole_connection_group_attribute  |
| guacamole_connection_group_permission |
| guacamole_connection_history          |
| guacamole_connection_parameter        |
| guacamole_connection_permission       |
| guacamole_entity                      |
| guacamole_sharing_profile             |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_attribute   |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_parameter   |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_permission  |
| guacamole_system_permission           |
| guacamole_user                        |
| guacamole_user_attribute              |
| guacamole_user_group                  |
| guacamole_user_group_attribute        |
| guacamole_user_group_member           |
| guacamole_user_group_permission       |
| guacamole_user_history                |
| guacamole_user_password_history       |
| guacamole_user_permission             |
23 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> *

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 10:59 AM umardraz <un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is must be issue with Guacamole it is running since 2 years and
> suddenly blank page

No, this is not necessarily the case, and I suggest avoiding this
assumption.

Given the error that you're seeing, it is more likely that something has
changed in the environment around Guacamole. If things have been working
consistently up until now, with the failure being sudden, that also
suggests that the cause is environmental. Things don't just break without
cause, and the cause of a failure is not necessarily whichever component
reported an error.

here is guacamole.properties

> mysql-hostname: localhost
> mysql-port: 3306
> mysql-database: guacamole_db
> mysql-username: root
> mysql-password: myroopass
>
> and here is mysql connection status
>
> ot@webrdp:/etc/guacamole# mysql -hlocalhost -uroot -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.

There are a few problems with the above test:

1) This will not actually test whether MySQL is available over the network.
The "mysql" tool uses the hostname "localhost" as a special case to request
that the tool use the UNIX domain socket (a file on the filesystem) rather
than actually connect over the network. It is not the same as specifying
"localhost" for Guacamole's configuration, which Guacamole will always
interpret as the hostname/address of the MySQL server. See:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/can-not-connect-to-server.html

2) If the issue at hand is an incompatibility between the MySQL JDBC driver
and the JDK, or an incompatibility between the MySQL server and the JDBC
driver, it would be expected that the "mysql" command-line tool would work
as expected while Java (Guacamole) would fail.

Did you recently apply updates to your system? Is your system perhaps
configured to automatically apply updates?

- Mike

Re: Guacamole suddenly stop working

Posted by umardraz <un...@gmail.com>.
There is must be issue with Guacamole it is running since 2 years and
suddenly blank page

here is guacamole.properties

mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: root
mysql-password: myroopass

and here is mysql connection status

ot@webrdp:/etc/guacamole# mysql -hlocalhost -uroot -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 26
Server version: 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2021, Oracle and/or its affiliates.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |