Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2018/09/06 15:07:34 UTC

Summit Hack Day - Monday Oct. 1

I will be in town the Monday before the summit. I would like to have an
informal (even compared to the summit :-)) hacking session where I can

* have a more in depth "C++ Clinic" to talk about C++ eleventy and beyond
language features that are useful for TS, with a focus on how to use them
in TS.
* Talk about YAML and our implementations of parsing YAML. Several of us
have been working in this area and we should have an in depth discussion on
consolidating our approaches.

Let me know if there's any interest in any one but me attending.

P.S. For C++, the major topics I want to hit are

* Variadic templates - this is the replacement for C varargs, we need to
switch over.
* Hash tables and what to use inside TS for different use cases.
* std::string_view and how to use it well.
* TextView and how to do faster and more robust parsing.

I may update this later, or if any one has specific things they'd like me
to talk about, let me know.
--
*Beware the fisherman who's casting out his line in to a dried up riverbed.*
*Oh don't try to tell him 'cause he won't believe. Throw some bread to the

Re: Summit Hack Day - Monday Oct. 1

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.
I am told I have a room for this in Building G, second floor, class rooms 7
and 8. I will try to arrive early and be on IRC and Slack.

https://goo.gl/maps/7d9oRVGHup82

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Alan,
Can you clarify if Monday (Oct 1) is hackday or C++ clinic?

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Yes I am interested in attending.