Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Divya <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 05:01:59 UTC

Concurrent execution of Thread Groups

Hello All,

How can I implement a test scenario as explained below using JMeter
features:

*Scenario:*
Simulating around 100 VU such that 50 VU are performing Task A and 50 users
are performing Task B concurrently for around 1 hour.

*Question*:
a) Do I need to create two thread groups under the same Test Plan? If that
is the case how the two thread groups can be scheduled such that they
execute concurrently.
b) Considering that these tests need to be executed off peak. Can I get
some advise on the JMeter Scheduler?
c) How can the test execution result be saved to a file for later analysis?

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Concurrent execution of Thread Groups

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31 August 2012 04:01, Divya <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> How can I implement a test scenario as explained below using JMeter
> features:
>
> *Scenario:*
> Simulating around 100 VU such that 50 VU are performing Task A and 50 users
> are performing Task B concurrently for around 1 hour.
>
> *Question*:
> a) Do I need to create two thread groups under the same Test Plan?

No, but it is probably easier to do so.

> If that
> is the case how the two thread groups can be scheduled such that they
> execute concurrently.

That is the default, see:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Test_Plan

"Run Test Groups consecutively"

> b) Considering that these tests need to be executed off peak. Can I get
> some advise on the JMeter Scheduler?

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Thread_Group

But you might find it easier to use your OS scheduler, especially if
you want to repeat the test daily.

> c) How can the test execution result be saved to a file for later analysis?

Add a Listener.