Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Adam Hathcock <ha...@auburn.edu> on 2005/05/26 20:30:13 UTC

[mina] NullPointerException in SocketIoProcessor

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.flush
(SocketIoProcessor.java:496)
     at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.flushSessions
(SocketIoProcessor.java:402)
     at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.access$3
(SocketIoProcessor.java:377)
     at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run
(SocketIoProcessor.java:525)

is error I'm running into and I'm unsure of the cause.  I am closing
ProtocolSessions and creating new ones which may have something to do
with it.  I also use the DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory to manage my
protocol messages as well as their encoding and decoding.

I cannot figure out how the session's SelectionKey is becoming null.
I am using a checkout of the 0.7 branch from earlier today.

Thanks for any help,
Adam

Re: [mina] NullPointerException in SocketIoProcessor

Posted by Adam Hathcock <ha...@auburn.edu>.
You seem to have fixed the issue.  Running my code for about the same
amount of time as I did before yields no errors.

Thanks

Adam

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Adam,
 This issue seems to have been resolved. Could you please retry with the
recent JAR?
 Thanks,
Trustin

On May 26, 2005, at 1:30 PM, Adam Hathcock wrote:

> >  java.lang.NullPointerException
> >  at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.flush (
> > SocketIoProcessor.java:496)
> >  at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.flushSessions (
> > SocketIoProcessor.java:402)
> >  at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.access$3 (
> > SocketIoProcessor.java:377)
> >  at org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run (
> > SocketIoProcessor.java:525)
> >
> >   Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [mina] NullPointerException in SocketIoProcessor

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,
 I added your report to JIRA:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-47
 Could you please attach some test code that reproduces this issue if
exists?
 BTW I'm ill these days, I'll try to resolve this issue next week. Sorry for
inconvenience!
 Thanks,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [mina] NullPointerException in SocketIoProcessor

Posted by Adam Hathcock <ha...@auburn.edu>.