Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Derek Charles <de...@comcast.net> on 2004/10/18 22:20:38 UTC

[users@httpd] The image "{HOST}/left.png" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I am in a bind.  I just compiled and installed Apache 2.0.52 from the
source files and everything appears to be working great except I can not
view PNG images.  GIF's, JPG's, HTML files, PHP files are fine; however,
when trying to view a PNG through Mozilla I get "The image
"{HOST}/left.png" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
There is nothing wrong with the files as they were created using Adobe
Photoshop.  I uploaded the files through Secure Shell multiple times to
ensure that they are not corrupted.

I checked the access logs and everything seems fine:

[MY IP ADDRESS] - - [18/Oct/2004:16:02:05 -0400] "GET /left.png
HTTP/1.1" 200 2794

I checked /var/log/messages and there are no error messages.

When trying to view the image through Mozilla (I look at Page Info) and
it displays:

Type:  image/png
Render mode: Quirks mode
Source [not cached]
Encoding ISO-8859-1
Size: Unknown

So it appears apache is recognizing the png file and using the proper
MIME.  I'm not sure what is going wrong? :/

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Derek Charles