Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Bill Nagy <na...@watson.ibm.com> on 2006/02/07 02:36:55 UTC

[Axis2] Problem building from source tree

Hi,

I'm trying to build from the source tree (I've checked out the tree
several times today), but aside from the terribly slow dependency
fetching, when it tries to execute the junit tests on the core module,
the org.apache.axis2.deployment.SameServiceAddingTest test fails.  The
following is from the log file:

Testsuite: org.apache.axis2.deployment.SameServiceAddingTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.734 sec

------------- Standard Output ---------------
- conf directory not found , and no axis2.xml file is given ! System
will continue using default_axis2.xml
- Invalid service  .svn due to Invalid service META-INF directory not
found; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid service
META-INF directory not found
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Invalid service  service1 due to Two services can not have same name,
a service with serevice1 already exists in the system
------------- ---------------- ---------------
Testcase: testServiceGroup
(org.apache.axis2.deployment.SameServiceAddingTest):
FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.SameServiceAddingTest.testServiceGroup
(SameServiceAddingTest.java:41)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Other than the Assertion failure, does the rest look normal?  I'm on
Linux running maven 1.0.2 and I've tried both 1.4 and 1.5 JDKs always
with the same outcome.  Thanks.

-Bill
nagy@watson.ibm.com

Re: [Axis2] Problem building from source tree

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hmm..
Strange indeed, I  just ran an update and everything went smoothly.
I'm using Maven 1.0.2 with SUN JDK 1.4.2 on Windows XP.
However since Bill is a fresh user it could have something to do with
the temporary repositories and all. We may need to run the build in
fresh machine to see.

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Problem building from source tree

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Here's what i get from my run:

Testsuite: org.apache.axis2.deployment.SameServiceAddingTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.75 sec

------------- Standard Output ---------------
- conf directory not found , and no axis2.xml file is given ! System
will continue using default_axis2.xml
- Invalid service  .svn due to Invalid service META-INF directory not
found; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid
service META-INF directory not found
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Error in schema generating :null
- Invalid service  service2 due to Two services can not have same

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.