Posted to user@drill.apache.org by jose luis <jo...@universitarios.com> on 2018/07/12 18:58:18 UTC

help drill down in production

I installed drill in production, but when I connect via ssh and I raise the bin / drill-embedded process and when I exit ssh, the drill process shuts down, how do I solve this? TxU

mail: jo-c-luis@universitarios.com

Obtener Outlook para Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Re: help drill down in production

Posted by jose luis <jl...@hotmail.com>.
No, I Start Drill in embedded mode using the drill-embedded command: bin/drill-embedded.

And, I installed drill in ubuntu in an amazon aws free instance that also has only 1 gigabyte of memory, but this if I could configure it in drill, but when the connection via ssh is turned off or close it also goes off or low drill.

And, Will the Drill Installation in distributed mode or embedded mode affect production? Is there a way to see why the drill process shuts down?

Tx U

Obtener Outlook para Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Hi Jose, When you exit from SqlLine in embedded mode the drillbit shuts down. You can run Drill in distributed mode by running "*bin/drillbit.sh --start*" and then connect to it with SqlLine by using JDBC connecting string or by using prepared script with connecting string "*bin/drill-conf*" or " *bin/drill-localhost*". You can find more information here: *https://drill.apache.org/docs/starting-drill-in-distributed-mode/ * Kind regards Vitalii On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:20 PM jose luis wrote: > I installed drill in production, but when I connect via ssh and I raise > the bin / drill-embedded process and when I exit ssh, the drill process > shuts down, how do I solve this? TxU > > mail: jo-c-luis@universitarios.com > > Obtener Outlook para Android > >

Re: help drill down in production

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jose,

Posted by jose luis <jl...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, One question : for production is ZooKeeper quorum Mode Prerequisite or I can use ZooKeeper standalone, because I am using one install server ubuntu no more.

If you have to build a cluster!, I ask, do you have to install more server operative Ubuntu? or the quorum is raised over a single ubuntu installation and how many minimal nodes should be created

Tx U

Obtener Outlook para Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

________________________________
> No, I Start Drill in embedded mode using the drill-embedded command:
> bin/drill-embedded.

As others have said, that is a mistake. Don't do that.

> And, I installed drill in ubuntu in an amazon aws free instance that also
> has only 1 gigabyte of memory, but this if I could configure it in drill,
> but when the connection via ssh is turned off or close it also goes off or
> low drill.

Indeed, when you exit ssh, it will kill the embedded Drill. Don't expect
this to work.

Also, that amount of memory is *very* small. Drill can be made to work with
only a tiny amount of memory, but it won't run as fast.

And, Will the Drill Installation in distributed mode or embedded mode
> affect production? Is there a way to see why the drill process shuts down?

The drill process is shutting down because you are running embedded mode.

Follow the advice Abishek and look at the documentation. Use distributed
mode on more than one node.

Re: help drill down in production

Posted by jose luis <jl...@hotmail.com>.
Ok, I will do the test, Tx U.