Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by di...@gmail.com on 2020/09/26 07:32:32 UTC

Say I do not want to use a board but a standalone MCU say the STM32F722RET6

NuttX speaks of "boards" and not about MCUs. Maybe a dumb question, but does
NuttX run on custom made PCB's where one uses the MCU named in "boards"? Or
is there something with a bootloader or something? With DFU I can push
nuttx.bin right (if the mcu supports it).

Is there some wish to add the STM32F722RET6?  And could one make one in
NuttX based on a F7 already?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Re: Say I do not want to use a board but a standalone MCU say the STM32F722RET6

Posted by "Matias N." <ma...@imap.cc>.
I see you already got an answer but just in case I'll add mine, if it helps:

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020, at 04:32, disruptivesolutionsnl@gmail.com wrote:
> NuttX speaks of "boards" and not about MCUs. Maybe a dumb question, but does
> NuttX run on custom made PCB's where one uses the MCU named in "boards"?

You can create of course a custom board for a custom PCB. You usually copy the most similar looking
one from boards/ to start.

> Or is there something with a bootloader or something? With DFU I can push
> nuttx.bin right (if the mcu supports it).

If you use the on-chip DFU bootloader, nothing special is needed from NuttX side.
It is generally better to use a debugger to flash since you will have more control over the process.

> Is there some wish to add the STM32F722RET6?  And could one make one in
> NuttX based on a F7 already?

I don't know about this chip but I understand from the other response that it is already supported,
it just requires a different configuration to reflect this variant.

Best,
Matias

Re: Say I do not want to use a board but a standalone MCU say the STM32F722RET6

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
I didn't follow!

Maybe someone else could get it and help.

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.
Board does not mean dev board, it's the the board that your chip is
soldered down to.

When you do your design you need to define how the clocking,
power, peripherals and bring up for your device work. This is all what
board means. You can define this all externally and include it as you want,
but it is still a board.

--Brennan

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020, 3:32 PM Disruptive Solutions <

Posted by Disruptive Solutions <di...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks!