Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eduardo Cancino <la...@ciceana.org.mx> on 2002/01/16 15:28:10 UTC

Hi!

I'm having trouble making perl-cgi scripts run on my apache server
i have Activestate Perl and Apache on Windows 2000.

It stills asks me to download .pl files

And I already wrote in httpd.conf :

AddHandler cgi-script .pl

restarted de service but doesn't work

Please, any help would be apreciated.

Eduardo.

Re: Hi!

Posted by Eduardo Cancino <la...@ciceana.org.mx>.
I already had that, but thanks...

Re: Hi!

Posted by Admin-myispnet <ko...@naisp.net>.

Re: Hi!

Posted by "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." <td...@salesint.com>.
On Thursday 17 January 2002 10:30, you wrote:

First line your script should print out is
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

Perhaps that helps

regards

Re: Hi!

Posted by "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." <td...@salesint.com>.

like in the previous thing, you probably need to print as FIRST line

RE: Hi!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Eduardo Cancino [mailto:lalo@ciceana.org.mx]

> i have this perl script, that runs well in MSIE
> but in Mozilla compatibles presents the output as text, why??

I don't see where this script outputs any content type at all, so I have no
idea why it even works.

Joshua.

Re: Hi!

Posted by Eduardo Cancino <la...@ciceana.org.mx>.
Thanks very much...

Damned browsers...

Well, i changed the text/plain to text/html and also /n for <br>

and every this is working now...

Sorry another cuestion with the browsers:

i have this perl script, that runs well in MSIE
but in Mozilla compatibles presents the output as text, why??

#! /usr/bin/perl

# recibe la forma.
read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
@pairs = split(/&/, $buffer);

# inicia variables.
$to = "info\@ciceana.org.mx";
$from = "info\@ciceana.org.mx";
$subject = "Comentarios Sitio Web";

# manda el mail.
open (MAIL,"|mail $to");
print MAIL <<"END_top";

"To: $to
Subject: $subject"

END_top

foreach $pair (@pairs)
{

RE: Hi!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: Hi!

RE: Hi!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Eduardo Cancino [mailto:lalo@ciceana.org.mx]

> Mmm, well i'm suppose that if cgi extension is running well i
> should have de
> ExecCGI, no?
> If not where i can read about it???

If they are in the same directory, then yes, it should be correct.

> The error log is empty.
> I think beacuse it takes the file as unknown and prompts me to download
> it...

You didn't answer the most important part of my questions:

> > If you download and save the file, what is inside, the cgi
> script itself,
> or
> > the output of the script?

Joshua.

Re: Hi!

Posted by "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." <td...@salesint.com>.

nevermind then... those are linux/unix environment thingies

Re: Hi!

Re: Hi!

Posted by "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." <td...@salesint.com>.

RE: Hi!