Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2004/12/17 06:18:16 UTC

Subproject web pages

I added the struts-bsf as a Struts subproject, and am now looking to
create a website for it to add to the Struts site.  How should I go
about this?  Will it be built with Anakia?  Should it be created as part
of the Struts site build?

Thanks for the help.

Don

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:43:00 -0800, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> Martin Cooper wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:18:16 -0800, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> >

> >>I added the struts-bsf as a Struts subproject,
> >>

> >Strange - the only commit message I've seen is the one to remove
> >.cvsignore files. I would have expected to see an add message...
> >

> The commit message was huge (>100k) so the mail server rejected the
> message.  I can forward it to you if you wish. :)

Uh, nah, that's OK. ;-) It's a little disquieting, though, to know
that an entire subproject can show up without a checkin notice...

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:43:00 -0800, Don Brown wrote:
> The commit message was huge (>100k) so the mail server rejected the
> message.  I can forward it to you if you wish. :)

When this happens, I'd at least forward the header of the message to dev@, with a <snip/>, just to give everyone a heads up.

-Ted.

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:47:26 -0800, Don Brown wrote:
> Good, what's what I did for BSF Scripting.  Is the website updated
> by some cron job, or does a committer have to refresh it?

Right now, we refresh it. The simplest thing is to copy the pages over by ssh. Or, if they are in a JAR, you can copy that over and then explode it.

But, since we are on SVN now, it might be easier to hookup a cron job to rebuild the site on a commit. The Incubator does this with Forrest now. I'll look into it.

-Ted.

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Ted Husted wrote:

>I would say that new subprojects should start with a standard Maven build.

Well, I used Ant for BSF for two reasons:
  1)  That's what I know, and I wouldn't know how to do the custom
example webapp build procedures in Maven
  2)  Ant is the official build for Core

I'm not against Maven per se so if a Mavenite wants to convert the
build, I have no objection.

Re: Subproject web pages

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.