Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2009/07/01 00:22:42 UTC

Backporting to 3.2.x?

Are any of the plugin fixes and rule updates going to be backported to
3.2.x, either as 3.2.6 or updates to 3.2.[54]?

   Sheep have only two speeds: graze and stampede.     -- LTC Grossman
  4 days until the 233rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence

Re: Backporting to 3.2.x?

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:22, John Hardin<jh...@impsec.org> wrote:
> Are any of the plugin fixes and rule updates going to be backported to
> 3.2.x, either as 3.2.6 or updates to 3.2.[54]?

I wasn't planning to... here's reasons why I haven't done so, myself:

1. It's a time-consuming chore, and IMO it's more important to spend
that working time on getting 3.3.0 ready

2. some of the changes may be inappropriate for 3.2.x, seeing as it's
in maintainance mode.  major modifications aren't a great idea at that
stage of the lifecycle.  (not thinking of any particular change in
this regard btw)

but feel free to do so if you like.  (just reopen the bugs and
re-target to 3.2.x, making a patch from the SVN revision(s) involved
in fixing for 3.3.0, so we can vote on those patches).

--j.