Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2017/11/28 01:21:33 UTC

HMS dependency on fb303.FacebookService

The hive_metastore.thrift has a dependency on  fb303.FacebookService - the
ThriftHiveMetastore extends it. It looks like the only thing that it is
actually using is the shutdown() method.

As an experiment I removed the dependency and the call to shutdown() method
and everything seems to compile just fine (I have not run any actual tests
yet).

Does anyone think that FacebookService provides anything useful or it is
just an lod cruft that should be removed?

- Alex

Re: HMS dependency on fb303.FacebookService

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Works for me.

Alan.

Sent from my iPhone