Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Canna, Jeffrey" <jc...@NCR.COM> on 2004/06/21 15:09:07 UTC

Some guidence

I am running into a problem that I can't seem to work through.

I have a created a component which in turn uses the contrib table view
component. The page that the component is on displays fine. But when the
form the component is in is submitted the table view component fails
validation.

This all seems to be related to rendering during a rewind. Is there a way to
prevent rendering during a rewind? Have I provided enough information?

Jeff Canna

Re: Some guidence

Posted by Saldy Mathew <sm...@webifyservices.com>.
You can prevent the rendering during rewind by placing you code inside
if(!event.getRequestCycle().isRewinding()){}

Hope this helps.

-Saldy

RE: Some guidence

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
If the table is within a form, it is probably a good idea to use FormTable
rather than Table -- that stores the data into hidden fields in the form,
and you have no problems during the rewind as a result. If you go that way,
and your records are large objects, also consider using the 'converter'
parameter so that only the primary key of the objects are stored in the
form. This is not necessary, but may help in some situations.