Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2013/06/18 23:15:37 UTC

Clearing a blog post?

Who do I send a blog post about Curator to for Apache clearance?

-Jordan

Re: Clearing a blog post?

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks so much, Patrick. Hello, Jordan! I received your draft and will comment on it under separate cover.

First off, congratulations on Curator and for bringing it to the ASF.

Our publicity/promotion policy is rather simple: nothing formal (e.g., press releases over a wire service) is permitted before the project becomes a TLP (Top-level Project).

Having said that, blogging, tweeting, and speaking to members of the media/analyst community is fine, and actually encouraged.

We're not fans of "Curator is fantastic and we're going to bring it to the Apache Incubator"-types of statements, but you're more than welcome to cheerlead once the project has officially been datestamped by the ASF and has entered the Incubation process.

Once the podling is ready to graduate as a TLP, we work together to issue a formal ASF press release (should the project request it) --here we'll definitely be able to use a quote from you, and will solicit additional quotes/testimonials from the Apache Stratos community. TLP announcements have ranged from having single quotes (VP of the project) to several perspectives from the PMC (project management committee --acronym soup!)to multiple endorsements from the community. [1], [2], and [3] are examples that you might find useful.

You (or any organization) are welcome to issue your own, standalone "hurrah, Apache Curator!" press release at that time as well (we love it when multiple announcements come out to support a podling's graduation!). We just need to make sure that we coordinate messaging/timing/etc.

As long as the datestamp is there --that the project is officially at the ASF-- then you can start spreading the word. No press releases. No news wire service.

Thanks so much for reaching out, and for working with us on making it happen.

As always, feel fee to ping me if you need anything.

I look forward to working with you all!

Warmest regards,
Sally

+ copying press@ to keep the Marketing & Publicity team in the loop

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces41 and https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces40
[2] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces39 and https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces35
[3] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces34 and https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces33

Re: Clearing a blog post?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Thanks - I forwarded the article to her.

-JZ

Re: Clearing a blog post?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Clearing a blog post?