Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@FamilieSchwarz.eu> on 2020/04/05 16:54:46 UTC

Problems with eMail

Hi All,
thanks for developing OpenMeeting.
1st steps i did with the 5.0.0.1-M3-docker Version - Then i decidet to
do a full installation.

With some smal isues the tutorials work fine:

Installation OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.pdf
I did not install MariaDB, mySQL 5.7.29 was installed on the Server.

Additionaly:
Installation SSL certificates and Coturn for OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3.pdf

Than i decided direct to use the RSA-Certificates from Letyencrypt (See
the config.xml).
It was a bit work:
the apt of ubuntu 18.03 LTS installs APR based Apache Tomcat Native
library version 1.2.21
but tomcat needs 1.2.23
So i downloaded and compiled Apache Tomcat Native library V1.2.23

Now nearly everything works -

But sending email does not work.
If a new user does the registration, the email does not work.

i configured the Parameters  like in every other Software, using TLS
eMail-Adress and pass are ok.

I found the attached error in the catalina-out - Log

Has anyone an idea to solve that ?

Regards

Koni

Re: Problems with eMail

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
This is most probably the first report for years :(
I have no problems with email sending (tested using several servers)

I just have checked: user/password are being used ONLY if BOTH non-empty

So I would say something really weird happening

Are you sure you only have "Time out" error in the logs?

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Solution found: Problems with eMail

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Great it is resolved :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Solution found: Problems with eMail

Posted by Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@FamilieSchwarz.eu>.
Hi All,

Re: Problems with eMail

Posted by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net>.
> I tried that in Openmeetings:
> mail..smtp.server: localhost
> mail.smtp.starttls.enable: false

> does not work, same timeout

Check your /etc/hosts or use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. It
could be that localhost is not in the hosts file and can't be resolved
or that it only resolves to ::1 or some other such.

> I tried that via telnet:
> Send a mail with auth login via localhost.

> ->> i get an error : authentication not enabled

You need something like

mydomain = yourdomain.tld
myorigin = $mydomain
inet_interfaces = localhost
mynetworks_style = host

The last line tells postfix to relay anything from localhost without
requiring a valid user. Don't forget to restart postfix.

Cheers,

Re: Problems with eMail

Posted by Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@FamilieSchwarz.eu>.
Hi