Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Utkarsh Sengar <ut...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 23:42:30 UTC

shard merged into a another shard as replica

I am not sure what happened, I updated merchant collection and then
restarted all the solr machines.

This is what I see right now: http://i.imgur.com/4bYuhaq.png

merchant collection looks fine. But deals and prodinfo collections should
have a total of 3 shards. But someone shard1 has converted to replica of
shard2.

This is running in production, so how can I fix it without dumping the
whole zk data?

-Utkarsh

Re: shard merged into a another shard as replica

Posted by Utkarsh Sengar <ut...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark. I tried updating clusterstate manually, things went haywire J.
So to fix it, had to take 30secs-1min downtime where I stopped solr and zk,
deleted "/zookeeper_data/version-2" directory and restarted everything
again.

I have auotmated these commands via fabric, so was easily able to recover
from the downtime.

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.