Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/08/17 22:48:52 UTC

Pig 0.10 release timelines

Hi,

A couple of month back we came to an agreement and communicated to the community the plan to move Pig to a 3 month release cycle to address both agility and stability concerns that community members had.

With Pig 0.9 out of the way, I wanted to communicate our plans for the next release. Pig 0.9 was officially released on 7/29 which means we plan to release Pig 0.10 by the end of October. To give ourselves time to stabilize the branch and roll the release out, let's make sure that all changes meant for 0.10 are committed to the trunk by October 1.

Olga