Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Mousumi <SU...@GMAIL.COM> on 2018/12/17 06:20:24 UTC

Help needed - Error: Type was not found IEventDispatcher, IBitmapDrawable

Hi,

I am trying to setup a Flex + Java application which was passed on to us. It
was being developed using Flex SDK4.11. I am using Intellij Idea as the IDE
and I have installed the necessary packages. But when I build the flex
application I get errors and .swf file is not generated -
Error:[HMT_Client (module HMT Client)]: (mx.managers:IFocusManagerContainer)
Error code: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
[flash.events]::IEventDispatcher.
Error:[HMT_Client (module HMT Client)]: (mx.core:IFlexDisplayObject) Error
code: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
[flash.display]::IBitmapDrawable.

Aren't these packages flash.events and flash.display part of flex sdk4.11? I
am using playerglobal.swc 11.1. I am quite new to flex and have no idea how
to resolve this.
Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mousumi

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Help needed - Error: Type was not found IEventDispatcher, IBitmapDrawable

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Yes, your understanding is correct, the missing classes come from playerglobal.  There must be some configuration issue.  I don't know IntelliJ so see if you can get it to dump out what compiler options it is using.  There may also be useful console output at the beginning of the compile.

HTH,
-Alex

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ccc5823ad9a374d75005508d663f57ac8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636806303311338179&amp;sdata=3h8feQdxpr9HfsFEr%2Fx2dIAAXxKcGuZnt40fSzpXZxc%3D&amp;reserved=0