Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2018/03/13 08:51:43 UTC

providing a spec-api bundle?

Hi folks!

I just did hack on a small Meecrowave sample with Sven Ruppert and got good feedback.
One of his input is that the hardest part seems to be pulling together the various spec versions.

So people seem to appreciate if we would provide a 'meecrowave-spec-apis' uberjar where we bundle all those together.
That way people would just need to add the dependency to the APIs (scope provided) and the meecrowave impl.
It seems way too hard for most people to get all the different spec dependencies right.

Wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: providing a spec-api bundle?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1, i use meecrowave-core in scope compile so didnt hit that need but I
fully understand it - had the same when was running after real portability.
I wouldnt call it meecrowave-spec-apis but that's a minor point
(meecrowave-api is not perfect too but less weird than specs and api*s* for
me, maybe just a personnal feeling)

Romain Manni-Bucau