Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@skynet.be> on 2003/12/24 14:06:28 UTC

support of WSR files in maven

Hello Dev list,

I already asked this a couple of days ago on the user mailing list but got
no precise answer so far. Here's the thread on the user mailing list as a
reference:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=users@maven.apache.or
g&by=thread&from=561688

As a quick summary here's a quote from
http://www.nsdev.org/jboss/stories/jboss-net.html

"So, to be clear, the web-service.xml should be located inside the
jarfile named webservices.wsr in a subdirectory called META-INF. It
doesn't matter what you call the jarfile as long as it has a .wsr
extension."

JBossNET, an Apache Axis wrapper for JBoss, uses that kind of files to
deploy a web service.

To be clean, such archive should be a dependency of a maven project with the
property ear.bundle=true. That way, the EAR plugin would include the file in
the EAR and add in the application.xml an entry like:

<module>
    <java>webservices.wsr</java>
</module>

A plugin that will create such WSR archive is really straightforward since
it relies on the jar plugin. I have the following questions for the
deployment part:

1/ Is it clean to put wsr file in the JARS directory of the repository?
Should we create a WSRS directory in the repository?
2/ The type of such dependency is 'java' it's not an ejb module. In that
case, maven will try to download a file named webservices.jar which is not
found. How can we solve this?

I don't know if this kind of files is too specific to be added in maven. Let
me know if I can help on this and how.

Same story for the sar plugin. It seems to me that sar files are often used
(at least in Jboss). I don't see any core plugin for that while there is an
implementation available (http://loom.jcontainer.org/plugins/maven-sar/)

Any feedback is welcome!

Regards,

Stephane

RE: support of WSR files in maven

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@skynet.be>.
Thank you. I will contact the JBoss team and keep you posted.

Merry Christmas!

Stéphane

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

--