Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Ing. Andrea Vettori" <ma...@andreavettori.com> on 2007/06/30 08:21:37 UTC

Re: [S2] App generate lot (2GB) of garbage! SOLVED

As the last try to solve the problem I upgraded jboss to 4.2.0GA.
This upgraded hibernate also.

Solved.

It seems that there was something in jboss and/or hibernate that
produced the garbage forever...

However, my code still benefit a lot from disabling logging of struts
classes in jboss and caching the freemarker BeanWrapper.

Hope to see this in the PerformanceTuning wiki pages.

If I found WHAT's wrong with the previous version I'll make a note here.

Thanks to all who have tried to help.

Posted by "Ing. Andrea Vettori" <ma...@andreavettori.com>.
Il giorno 30/giu/07, alle ore 13:54, Dave Newton ha scritto:

> --- "Ing. Andrea Vettori" wrote:
>> However, my code still benefit a lot from disabling
>> logging of struts  \classes in jboss and caching the
>
>> freemarker BeanWrapper.
>>
>> Hope to see this in the PerformanceTuning wiki
>> pages.
>
> Logging and template caching, at least, are already on
> the tuning page.

yes, logging is cited but a couple more lines on how to disable it on
log4j will be helpful to many.

And I don't mean template caching but BeanWrapper model caching
that's not enabled by default and moreover it does not exist a struct
option to enable (jira already opened).

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Ing. Andrea Vettori" wrote:
> However, my code still benefit a lot from disabling
> logging of struts  \classes in jboss and caching the

> freemarker BeanWrapper.
>
> Hope to see this in the PerformanceTuning wiki
> pages.

Logging and template caching, at least, are already on
the tuning page.

d.