Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Avik Dey <av...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/04/11 21:49:45 UTC

[hadoop] Hadoop Summit 2011 by Yahoo!: June 29th, Santa Clara Convention Center. Register and submit abstract for presentation: www.hadoopsummit.org

Hi All,

Yahoo! is proud to host the 4th annual Hadoop Summit 2011: June 29th, Santa Clara Convention Center, California.

Registration and Call for Presentations are now open at: http://www.hadoopsummit.org<http://www.hadoopsummit.org/>

This year, we have less keynotes and more tech talks, even in the morning session. The afternoon session is tech talks only, followed by a panel discussion, and wrapping up with an evening reception. Details to be posted soon.

For the afternoon session we still have three tracks. However, based on interest from the community we have tuned their focus a bit.

The three tracks now are:

*         Community: Presentations and discussions about Hadoop roadmap, contribution and best practices.

*         Operations and Management: Presentations and discussions about operations and management of Hadoop clusters and best practices.

*         Applications and Research: Case studies about innovative applications and Hadoop technologies based research studies.

This is a terrific opportunity for you to share your experience with thousands of Hadoop users by submitting a session abstract  for one of the tracks above.

Submission deadline is May 6th, here is the URL to submit your abstract:

http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hs-2011

Track Co-Chairs this year who will be reviewing your abstracts are:

*         Andreas Neumann - Yahoo!

*         Benjamin Reed - Yahoo!

*         Dhruba Borthakur - Facebook

*         Michael Stack - StumbleUpon

*         Milind Bhandarkar - Linkedin

*         Owen O'Malley - Yahoo!

With a great, diverse team of track co-chairs, we are looking forward to even more interesting presentations and discussions this year!

Register now<http://www.hadoopsummit.org/>, space is limited!

Looking forward to meeting you at the Summit.

Avik