Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org> on 2016/06/16 21:09:40 UTC

feature branch merge policy

Hi folks,

Is there a standard policy for merging a feature branch onto trunk? I'm
specifically looking for answers for
- How is the commit done? Squash commit? Patch? Something else?
- What should the commit message contain?
- Do we preserve the feature branch after the commit for the commit
history, now that we don't do CHANGES.txt?

I tried searching the mailing list, but couldn't find a standard policy for
this. Thanks!

Regards,
Sangjin

Re: feature branch merge policy

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Andrew for jogging my memory on this!

Sangjin

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.