Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dd...@dotbase.com on 2003/02/26 10:38:17 UTC

How to include different formats files into generated doc?

Hi all,

I would like to provide some files in foreign format (Excel, Powerpoint,
... ) in my generated documentation from Maven.

As far as I know Maven (actually Anakia?) converts XML files into xdoc
directory in HTML equivalents to doc.
However I would like some generated HTML files to link to Powerpoint or
Excel files.

How can I tell Maven to copy the XLS or PPT files from xdoc to doc
directory? Or is there a "standard directroy" where I should put my
resources (like the images one?)

Thanks in adavance,
Didier.
_______________________
Didier Dubois
dotBase solutions informatiques SA
25, route des Acacias
CH - 1227 Genève

Tel. +41 22 301 07 07
Fax. +41 22 301 07 08

Re: How to include different formats files into generated doc?

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
Didier> How can I tell Maven to copy the XLS or PPT files from xdoc to
Didier> doc directory? Or is there a "standard directroy" where I
Didier> should put my resources (like the images one?)

There isn't a standard directory.  However, after reading your email,
I've modified the xdoc plugin to now copy any file in the 'xdocs'
directory to the final 'docs' directory (with some exceptions such as
the CVS directories and any *.xml files which get processed).

This change has been made to Maven HEAD.  If you prefer to not use
HEAD, then your other alternative is to make a simple postGoal for the
'xdoc' task which manually copies over your resources in some fashion.

Thanks,
Pete