Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Bailey <jb...@nisa.net> on 1999/12/23 18:13:36 UTC

Information on GNU/Hurd running apache

The configure script was kind enough to tell me that you needed this
information:

PLATFORM=i386-AT386-whatever-GNU|0.2|GNUmach-1.2/Hurd-0.2
CFLAGS_SHLIB=-fPIC
LDFLAGS_SHLIB=-shared -L/usr/local/lib
LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT=-Wl,-E

ap_checkpass.o requires -lcrypt when compiled into httpd, so to make it
compile I had to do

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=max
make EXTRA_LIBS=-lcrypt
make install

And everything is fine.  In order to test shared library support, I went
to the /cgi-bin/test-cgi script, which came up.

Having been slashdotted once, I am not publicly posting the address right
now, but if you would like more information or want to work with me on
something, please email me at jbailey@nisa.net - I'll be more than happy to.

--
To err is human,
  My .sig: Assinine!