Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 18:46:35 UTC

@Border and global-assets

According to sevaral threads, I should put all of my global assets (i.e.
those images that repeat throughout the site and reused by many components)
into my @Border component. I'm using the private asset syntax in my
Border.page file:

<asset name="upArrow" path="images/blackUpArrow.gif"/>

My problem these assets are not visible to component's referencing the
@Border's defined assets:

<component id="membersTableColumns" type="Contrib:TableColumns">
<binding name="arrowUpAsset" value="asset:upArrow"/>
</component>

The error:

Component ReportTabPagesTableDemo does not contain an asset named 'upArrow'.

Is there a different, better way to centralize these common assets (i.e. css
files, images, javascripts) without putting them into a Java file as these
assets should be managed by page authors, not Java devs?

A big thanks in advance for your help!
Jason

Re: Border and global-assets

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Jason Suplizio <suplizio <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks! This worked. Where is this covered in your book? (for future
> reference)

The assets map is on page 218. The components map is on page 228.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Border and global-assets

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.