Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2002/05/30 16:56:48 UTC

non utf-8 editor or xindice bug

Hi,

Does anyone know of an utf-8 compliant tool to manage xindice?

i just tried Atrezzo/eclipse.... it looked nice and then i inserted an xsl
file with some german umlaute like &auml; or "ä". I had the following
doctype definition within.

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
	<!ENTITY nl "&#10;">
	<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
	<!ENTITY auml "&#228;">
	<!ENTITY ouml "&#246;">
	<!ENTITY uuml "&#252;">
	<!ENTITY amp  "&#38;">
	]>

everything worked fine, it was saved and when i retrieved it all &auml;
where replaced by the german character "ä" so i think "ä" is part of utf-8.
but when i wanna save this file again. all "ä" are being replaced by "?".
The doctype definition isn't in the document too after saving.

I can't believe if xindice gives me a document, i can't save it again. there
has to be a bug. or atrezzo is non utf-8 compliant editor, but i saw this
behavior with my own editor which is working ofer xmlrpc and php.

Please i'm so desperate, is there any bugfix for xindice or can anyone tell
me where i can fix it myself?

mfg stefan

AW: non utf-8 editor or xindice bug

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net>.
hi,

i can store those documents too, but when i retrieve them and store them
again, all special chars are replaced by "?". So i think the problem is the
retrieving of a document.

mfg stefan

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com>.
"The doctype definition isn't in the document too after saving."
this currently is always the case with xindice.  DTDs are stripped from the
serialized data.  I think there is a version now in cvs (specifically in the
scratchpad area) of xindice that uses a different XML Serializer.  It may
actually store DTDs properly.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

dave