Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Shangyu Luo <ls...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 08:44:08 UTC

Running pi example error with spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version

Hello,
I downloaded spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version, built and compiled it by
using SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=2.0.0-cdh4.4.0 sbt/sbt assembly. It was
successfully built. But when I tried to run the pi example, I got the
error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
scala/ScalaObject
I have set up SCALA_HOME and SPARK_HOME in bashrc and they worked well
for spark 0.8.0 source version (I downloaded and compiled the source
version before, but I have deleted it now)
So what's going wrong here? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Shangyu, Luo
Department of Computer Science
Rice University

Re: Running pi example error with spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version

Posted by Shangyu Luo <ls...@gmail.com>.
OK. I think I have solved it.
I do not need to build the 0.8.0 cdh4 version because it has been prebuilt.
Now the pi example can run now.

--
Not Just Think About It, But Do It!

Re: Running pi example error with spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version

Posted by Chester <ch...@yahoo.com>.
I get the Same exception from the incubator-spark repository when i run spark-shell. I did not investigate further, but went back to the meso/spark repo (last updated oct 4), and spark-shell worked fine there.

Chester

Sent from my iPad