Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/02/22 00:06:08 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HossMan:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ

  == How can I get started playing with Solr? ==

  There is an [http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html online tutorial] as well as a [http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/ demonstration configuration in SVN].
+
+ == Solr Comes with Jetty, is Jetty the recommended Servlet Container to use when running Solr? ==
+
+ The Solr example app has jetty in it just because at the time we set it up, Jetty
+ was the simplest/smallest servlet container we found that could be run
+ easily in a cross platform way (ie: "java -jar start.jar").  That should not
+ be interpreted as a recomendation that Solr runs better under Jetty --
+ just that Jetty made doing the demo easier to setup.
+
+ Users should decide for themselves which Servlet Container they consider the easiest/best for their use cases based on their needs/experience.

  == I POSTed some documents, why don't they show up when I search? ==