Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/18 22:30:55 UTC

Re: "jstl.jar vs. jstl-api.jar" for struts2.2.3

One's an implementation, one's the api (I assume). Neither is related to
Struts 2. Some app servers provide JSTL out-of-the-box, some you'll need to
deploy, you shouldn't need to deploy the API jar, just the implementation.
(There's also standard.jar, but I can never remember which impl that's for.)

Dave

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
Hi Dave,

> One's an implementation, one's the api (I assume).
http://jstl.java.net/ provides two jars:
. jstl-api.jar
. jstl-implementation.jar

I thought jstl-api is the newer version of jstl.jar, no?

> Neither is related to
> Struts 2. Some app servers provide JSTL out-of-the-box, some you'll need to
> deploy, you shouldn't need to deploy the API jar, just the implementation.
> (There's also standard.jar, but I can never remember which impl that's for.)
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

standard.jar decides it!

Thanks a lot!

Emi