Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Byron Foster <bf...@base2.cc> on 2001/10/30 07:29:51 UTC

Torque testing for null columns

I was wondering if there is any status on testing if a column is null in
a general DB independent way.  This is a fairly common operation and
would certainly add utility to Torque.  I was considering implementing
it through the DB Adaptors.  the method isNull(String column) would be
added to the Criteria object so that the is null test could be bundled
with other criteria.  The documentation criteria-howto.html specifies
that the SQL necessary to test for null "vary fairly widely".  How
widely does it very?  Does it still come down to appending text to test
for null at the end of a SQL query for any given DB?

Thanks,
Byron

Re: Torque testing for null columns

Posted by Byron Foster <bf...@base2.cc>.
Nevermind, I found out you can use: Criteria.add(BaseFooPeer.BAR, null)

Byron