Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sa...@wellsfargo.com on 2015/09/14 20:48:53 UTC

ML: embed a transformer

Hi all, I'm very new to spark and looking forward to get deep into the topic.

Right now I am trying to inherit my own transformer, by what I am reading so far, it is not very public that we can apply to this practice as "users".
I am defining my transformer based on the Binarizer, but simply failing to retrieve the private package ml.param.shared._ to use common traits. I've read it should be public since 1.4.x but not sure.

Thanks!
Saif

RE: ML: embed a transformer

Posted by Sa...@wellsfargo.com.
Thank you, I will do as you suggested.

Re: ML: embed a transformer

Posted by Feynman Liang <fl...@databricks.com>.
Where did you read that it should be public? The traits in ml.param.shared
are meant to be used across internal spark.ml transformer implementations.

If your transformer could be included in spark.ml, then I would recommend