Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/04 01:24:44 UTC

Re: Integration of Skywalking agent with ServiceComb Pack.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:52 PM Zhang Lei <zh...@boco.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi Willem,
>
> I agree to integrate a transaction tracking service,  I used Zipkin, but I don't know much about Skywalking.
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. Skywalking agent just working on the Omega side?
Yep, but we can also let the agent do the instrumentation on the Alpha side.

> 2. Use @Trace in the same location as @SagaStart and @Compensable, Or Combined annotation? And use TraceContext.traceId() to generate globalTxId or localTxId ?
This is the detail thing we need to think about.
I think you are just proposing a way to integrate the Zipkin, am I right?

> 3. Will Omega users have conflicts if they already use Zipkin?
We need to do some end to end verification, currently I think it's
fine if we can find a way to generate a correlation id between tracing
system and pack, we don't need to deeply combine these two system
together, they can work separately.

> 4. About provides a service to bridge the Trace information that Skywalking collects with ServiceComb Pack Transaction events information. Do you mean that Alpha sends service chain information directly to Skywalking via API?
It's more like a portal integration. We can still leverage the old API
provide by Skywalking and ServiceComb Pack.

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot and I think these could be very helpful !

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月5日周四 下午10:30写道:

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.