Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by PatMcB <pa...@eobuy.com> on 2007/03/22 14:00:06 UTC

Abator Eclipse plugin can't find user-defined 'sqlMapGenerator' type

Hi,

I have this working using Ant (so I suspect I know the answer to this
already - ie. use Ant!), but wondered if I could get it working with the
Abator Eclipse plugin (as I really like the idea of just right-clicking and
selecting 'Generate iBATIS Artifacts').

All I need to do is set the 'type' attribute on the <sqlMapGenerator> tag in
my 'abatorConfig.xml' to my own generator class.  But because of classpath
issues I get a 'Cannot instantiate object of type <MyJavaClass>', ie. the
plugin doesn't know which Eclipse project my generator class exists in.
Hopefully I'm just missing something really simple here...?

Thanks,

Pat McBennett.

Re: Abator Eclipse plugin can't find user-defined 'sqlMapGenerator' type

Posted by PatMcB <pa...@eobuy.com>.
Ok, no problem - thanks Jeff.  I'm already eagerly awaiting the next Abator
release :)

Great work so far!

Pat.

Re: Abator Eclipse plugin can't find user-defined 'sqlMapGenerator' type

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Use Ant!  :)  The issue here is that the Eclipse classloading structure is
complex and the menu option "Generate iBATIS Artifacts" is too simplistic.

It is a goal of mine to enable the kind of thing you are trying to do.  I'm
working on adding an Eclipse launch configuration for Abator that will allow
adding a project to the classpath.

Bottom line - it's coming, but it's not ready yet.  Stay tuned - but
honestly, it will be several weeks before I have enough bandwidth to get it
finished.  Abator is due for an upgrade all around.

Jeff Butler