Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Claire Wastiaux <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/17 09:01:40 UTC

[users@httpd] No services installed for apache2

Hi,
I've been trying many times to install apache 2 (the
last version) with the MSI installer on windows XP,
but it failed each time.
I always got the error: "unable to find the
specified file", "no apache 2 services installed".
The first time I also had the "no listen socket
available, could not bind to port", but I fixed it by
stopping IIS.
Then I tried the recommendations of other users: I
enabled the firewall and uninstalled SP2, but it
didn't gave better results, I still got the "unable to
find the specified files and no service installed"
report.
Does anyone got the same problem? If you have a
solution then please let me know!
Claire

Claire WASTIAUX
http://www.clairewastiaux.com