Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Matt Pryor <pr...@international-presence.com> on 2014/06/13 10:50:07 UTC

PDFImageWriter

Hello,

Do you know if there is an issue with PDFImageWriter for searchable PDFs? I
have attached an example PDF, and the following code:

PDFImageWriter imageWriter = new PDFImageWriter();
PDDocument document = PDDocument.load(new
File("c:\\temp\\fax-2014-06-11-16_04_47.pdf"));
int numPages = document.getNumberOfPages();
imageWriter.writeImage(document, "jpg", null,
1, numPages, "c:\\temp\\pdftoimage", BufferedImage.TYPE_BYTE_BINARY,
Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenResolution());
document.close();

Which appears to render a blank image.

If I use a non-searchable PDF it renders correctly.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matt Pryor

The International Presence Group of Companies
Registered Office:10 Coppergate Mews, 109 - 111 Brighton Road, Surbiton,
Surrey KT6 5NE

TEL UK: +44 (0)845 130 6458,  FAX: +44 (0)845 130 6459
TEL US: +1 321 726 9941, FAX +1 321 726 6210
EMAIL: pryor@presencebpm.com

International Presence Limited: Registered in England and Wales No.3709669

This E-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this
message and kindly notify the sender by reply E-Mail. Opinions, conclusions
business of International Presence Limited do not necessarily reflect the
views of the company.

International Presence Ltd
Unit 10, Coppergate Mews
Surbiton